DHI Private Sector Development Initiative
One of DHI's mandates is to "lead and stimulate private sector development through a culture of innovation, creativity and enterprise". In line with its mandate, DHI is providing the facility to help entrepreneur's access capital in the form of bank guarantees from the Bank of Bhutan Limited for bidding of contract works, supplies or services.
Any entrepreneur (private individual/firm/contract agencies) bidding for small contract works/supplies/services up to Nu. 1.5 million is eligible to apply for this facility. DHI will stand as security for the entrepreneurs to avail bank guarantee from the banks for only the following facilities:
1. Bid security
2. Performance security
- Overall criteria
The entrepreneur must meet the following requirements to apply for this facility:
- Each entrepreneur can bid for only one contract work/supplies/services from DHI until it is completed.
- The contract works/supplies/services must not be more than Nu.1.5 million.
- The entrepreneur must hold a valid business license.
- The entrepreneur must meet all the eligibility and qualification requirements mentioned in the respective Standard Bidding Document.
- The entrepreneur must furnish a Credit Information Bureau (CIB) report and bear the respective fee.
- The entrepreneur will be liable to pay for the bank guarantee charges for which the entrepreneur must show proof of solvency/payment.
- Entrepreneurs competing for contract works/supplies/services of DHI cannot avail this facility.
- This facility will not be available for those entrepreneurs bidding for supplies of products or services with warranty period, e.g. electronics, etc.
- Specific Criteria
- Bid Security
- DHI will stand as collateral for those bank guarantees with bid security validity period as required by the procuring agency not exceeding six months.
- Performance security
- DHI will stand as collateral for those bank guarantee with performance security period as required by the procuring agency not exceeding one year.
- The entrepreneur must contribute 20% of the performance security.
1. Citizen identity card copy (CID)
2. Completed bidding document for verification
3. Original business license for verification
4. Online security clearance certificate
5. CIB report
6. The entrepreneurs must furnish his/her current account statement which shows proof of:
- Solvency of the entrepreneur
- A certified statement of the previous years overall turnover and the turnover in respect of works, supplies or services;
- A Tax clearance certificate from the Department of Revenue and Customs.
Interested applicants must submit an application letter along with the required documents to Ms. Lhakyi Tenzing, Associate Analyst, Department of Investments, Druk Holding and Investments Limited, Thimphu during office hours.
In case of any query, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 02-336257/58 (Ext-149) during office hours.