Invitation for Bids
19th January, 2021
Loan & Grant No. and Title
Loan No: 3668-BHU; Grant No: 0573-BHU
AF Loan No: 4019; AF Grant No: 0765
Phuentsholing Township Development Project
Contract No. and Title
CW-02A: Construction of Common Urban Infrastructures, Zone-A
Deadline for Submission of Bids
22nd March, 2021
1. The Royal Government of Bhutan has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Phuentsholing Township Development Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the Contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
The Druk Holding and Investments Limited (DHI) is the Executing Agency of the project and will provide the counterpart financing for the project.
2. The Construction Development Corporation Limited (CDCL, the Employer), as the Implementing Agency of the project, invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the construction and completion of Common Urban Infrastructure, Zone A ("the Works").
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB's Single-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
· Bidder's net worth for the last financial year calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive.
· Participation in at least two contracts that are similar to the proposed works which have been substantially completed within the last ten years, where the value of the Bidder's participation exceeds US$ 16 million equivalent.
· Minimum construction experience in the following key activities:
a) RCC rigid pavement 5,000 m2 in a single year.
b) Sewage Treatment Plant (min. capacity 3MLD) and Sewage Pumping Station (on Design & Build basis) in a project.
c) Water Treatment Plant (on Design & Build basis), in a project (min. capacity 3MLD).
d) Operation and Maintenance of water and sewerage systems for at least one year.
e) Solid waste processing and treatment plant (on Design & Build basis) of 10 metric tonnes per day installed capacity, in successful operation for three years.
· Minimum average annual construction turnover of US$ 16.25 million within the last three financial years).
5. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, Bidders should contact:
Project Director, PTDP, CDCL
Street address: Namtog Lam
Floor/Room number: Third Floor, CDCL Head Office
ZIP code: 11011
Telephone: +975 2 332046, Fax: +975 2 332973
Email: email@example.com; cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. To obtain the bidding documents in English, eligible Bidders should
· visit https://www.tenderlink.com/adb and register for an account (free of charge);
· locate the notice in Tenderlink by searching for CW-02A: Construction of Common Urban Infrastructures, Zone-A; and
· click Download the tender documents for this notice found at the bottom of the notice.
7. Submit your bid
· electronically through the web portal https://www.tenderlink.com/adb
· on or before the deadline: 22 March 2021 at 1500 hours Bhutan Standard Time; and
· together with a scanned copy of the original Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
Late bids and hardcopy submissions will not be accepted.
Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline. Bidders will have the option to attend the electronic bid opening via an online conferencing system. The link to the virtual opening will be sent to the bidders seven days prior to the opening.
8. A Pre-Bid Meeting will be held virtually on 18th February, 2021, at 1030 hours through Microsoft Teams/ Zoom/ Google Meet. A link for the Pre-Bid Meeting will be sent through email by registering at the above address 5 days before the meeting.
9. As per ITB Clause 38, Employer's Right to Accept any Bid, and to Reject any or All Bids, the Employer reserves the right to accept or reject any Bid, and to annul the bidding process and reject all Bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to Bidders. In case of annulment, all Bids submitted and specifically, bid securities shall be promptly returned to the Bidders.